FamilyWorks Office Assistant
FAMILYWORKS IS SEEKING A PART TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT WITH AN ATTENTION TO DETAIL, WHO ENJOYS A VARIETY OF TASKS IN A DYNAMIC ENVIRONMENT, AND HAS A PASSION FOR THE MISSION OF OUR ORGANIZATION.
FamilyWorks is a Food Bank and Family Resource Center which nourishes and strengthens individuals and families by connecting people with support, resources and community. Guided by the family support principles, staff provide a welcoming place for people who seek food, family support and a path to resiliency.
The Part Time Office Assistant is responsible for a range of administrative tasks to support the Director, Resource Development and Program staff of FamilyWorks. Assists the organization in meeting needs in the community through efficient, accurate and timely administration of supportive tasks. Reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Data entry of cash and in-kind gifts, volunteer activity, and other data as needed.
- Assistance with fundraising mailings, notes and events. Other office duties, copying, faxing, filing, ordering, shopping for program supplies.
- Answering phone, greeting participants and providing information and referral as needed.
- Distribution of program materials, internally and in the community.
- Constant contact updates and emails as needed.
- Maintenance of on-line presence.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to accuracy and detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to interact well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to be flexible and maintain organization and centeredness in a changing, at times hectic, environment.
- Willingness to proactively seek supervisory input, resources and information needed to accomplish job.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Data entry experience.
- 1-2 years experience in an office environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Works closely with a diversity of people on a daily basis.
- Primary work is done at a computer.
- Shared office space.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
- 10-15 hours per week – Part Time
HOW TO APPLY
Complete a FamilyWorks Application and return with a cover letter and resume by email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 1501 N. 45th St. Seattle, WA 98103
OR Complete an on-line application HERE
Closing Date: February 16, 2015 5pm
If you have any questions, please call (206) 694-6727.