Current Volunteer Opportunities at FamilyWorks
Supermarket Saturday Food Drive
- When: The third Saturday of the month from 9 am to 1 pm, in one hour shifts
- Where: Wallingford QFC, 1801 N 46th St.
- Activities: Volunteers will hand out flyers to shoppers which list the non-perishable goods needed for our food bank. Shoppers then purchase the items and donate them to us. This is also an opportunity to engage the community in conversations about how the food bank helps our community.
- Who: School-aged children (5 and Up) with their families are welcome!
Please note: Supermarket Saturdays happen on the third Saturday of the month (with some exceptions). Dates are: Feb 18th, Mar 18th, Apr 15th, May 20th, Jun 17th, Jul 15th, Aug 19th, Sep 16th, Oct 21st, Nov 4th .
Sign up for the March 18 Food Drive Here
Sign up for the April 15 Food Drive Here
Spanish-Speaking Volunteer Needed!
We need a Spanish-speaking volunteer to help with our 6-week long Women’s Justice Circle for Latina Women starting in April.
4/1: 2:45-4:45, 4/8: 2:45-4:45, 4/15: 2:45-4:45, 4/22: 2-4, 4/29: 2-4, 5/6 1-3
-Providing assistance in Spanish to participants
-Help with set-up and tear-down
- Supporting our group as needed
The Farmer’s Market returns!
Starting on Wednesday May 17 through late September, FamilyWorks will be the beneficiary of the wonderful leftover produce each week from the Wallingford Farmer’s Market! Several volunteers are needed to transport this bounty from Meridian Park to the FamilyWorks Food Bank in Wallingford between 6-7 pm every Wednesday through late September. You will either need your own car (with plenty of space for the crates) or you can drive the FamilyWorks van. This is a great way to get to visit the market each week and to get to know our vendor partners!
Reading Rocks is back!
Reading Rocks is our annual literacy event. This year it is on Thursday, April 27 between 2:30 and 4:30 pm.
We need help between 1:30 and 5:00 pm.
Volunteers will help facilitate literacy and crafts activities and chat with people at the event.
Sign Up For Reading Rocks Here
Volunteers needed for phone calls to follow-up on procurement letters
Interested in helping us get auction items donated for our annual auction fundraiser? Do you like talking on the phone? We will be making phone calls to businesses and groups.Training will be provided. Calls can be done at FamilyWorks or from your office/home. Calls will start happening in late April.