Our Family Resource Center serves a diverse group of people with a variety of programs.
Do you enjoy working with children and their parents? Volunteering as a childcare aide is a rewarding way to contribute. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting staff with childcare during playgroups and/or evening workshops
- Helping set up activities
- Engaging in age appropriate activities with the children
- Interacting with children and their parents
- Keeping the playroom clean and well organized
Front Desk Greeter
If you have good people skills and are interested in learning about community resources, we need organized and flexible people to:
- Assist in making the Resource Center a clean, comfortable, and people friendly place.
- Greet and direct people as they come into the FamilyWorks Resource Center.
- Help organize donations.
- Help maintain a clean and well organized environment.
If you have good people skills and are interested in learning about community resources, we need organized and flexible people to assist with a range of tasks, including:
- Helping to maintain up to date information in the Resource Center.
- Data entry, word processing.
- Helping with miscellaneous office projects.
- Filing, labeling.
- Helping with mailings.
FamilyWorks needs assistance in various fundraising/outreach activities to generate support for our programs. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in coordination of special events such as Supermarket Saturdays.
- Helping with newsletters.
- Assisting with outreach to the local community.
- While most programs take place during regular Family Center hours, some activities occur in the evenings and on Saturdays. Please clarify your availability when applying.
- During the months of July and August we close at noon on Fridays.